Assistant Procurement Specialist
Type of Position
Temporary - 10 months
- Support the procurement function in all aspects of procurement work including transactional purchasing and management of vendor data in the financial system.
- Support the development and maintenance of procurement procedures and buyer guidelines and ensure that procedures meet due diligence and commercial requirements.
- Compliance with governing documents pertaining to procurement including the government procurement directive.
- Provide advice and guidance on purchasing and escalating to the Supervisor when needed.
- Maintain awareness of conditions in the market place on goods and services required by the company to discuss situations and opportunities with the Procurement Team and Supervisor.
- Perform commercial evaluations of potential suppliers with input from the Procurement Team and Supervisor and refer technical items to the appropriate specialists for evaluation.
- Prepare and issue bid lists and obtain approvals where there are changes to regulatory or technical requirements, negotiate contracts for sole and only acceptable source requirements and assist with or prepare the appropriate competitive documents with the support from the Procurement Team and Supervisor.
- Coordinate the issuance of competitive documents and receipt of responses while ensuring they are received in a secure manner and that confidentiality is maintained during the evaluation process.
- Negotiate favourable prices and/or terms with suppliers for the delivery of physical goods or provision of services.
- Prepare and distribute procurement data and report as required.
- Perform ongoing administration of contracts including proper retention of procurement records.
- Requires a knowledge of procurement methodologies and applicable legislation including: contract law, negotiating practices, duties and taxes, insurance, foreign exchange and terms of payment to provide advice to the company in the purchasing process.
- Requires knowledge of business, mathematics, financial practices and procedures.
- Requires experience in procurement to contribute to the development and maintenance of procurement procedures and ensure due diligence is met.
- Requires procurement experience with the various commercial practices involving quotations, tendering, purchase approvals, etc.
- This knowledge is considered to be normally acquired in either a 4 year University Education in an appropriate discipline or equivalent.
- A period of over two years, up to and including four years is considered necessary to gain this experience.
- Good analytical and communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Deadline oriented individual.
- Proven excellent customer service skills.
- A strong personal commitment to customer needs.
- Demonstrates organizational skills.
- A strong commitment to corporate objectives.
- Ability to influence peers and others in the organization.
What the IESO Offers
- Competitive market wages
- Comprehensive benefit programs
- Programs and policies to support a balanced lifestyle
- A challenging fast paced team environment
- Opportunity to work with some of the brightest people in the industry.
If you have the experience and qualifications for this position, please apply on-line.
We thank all candidates for their interest in opportunities with the IESO. While we appreciate your submissions, we regret that we can only contact those candidates selected for interviews. The IESO is an equal opportunity employer.