Type of Position
Perform maintenance, repairs, improvements, custodial duties and processing of goods and materials in and around the IESO offices, buildings and properties. Hereafter, the term "maintenance" shall encompass any work related to repair, installation, relocation, removal, servicing, replacement, inspection, adjustment, upkeep, refinishing etc, as applies to the continuation of a service, facility, device or asset in its intended function.
Use tools, machinery and equipment associated with the general maintenance requirements of the IESO offices, buildings and properties. Use and knowledge of tools, machinery and equipment shall encompass hand tools and power tools, both stationary and portable, including electric, pneumatic, gasoline and powder charge. Operate Class 3 vehicles. Perform normal maintenance on tools themselves including but not limited to, battery charging, sharpening, belt tensioning, consumable replacement and tightening of bolts and other fastenings.
This tradesperson is capable of performing the following duties as required by the specific task at hand.
- Repair to and maintenance of IESO grounds and properties including but not limited to walkways, roadways, stairways, drainage systems and exits.
- Construction and finishing work related to the provision, repair and maintenance of private and common office-areas and facilities, both modular and fixed. Repairs and installs doors and door hardware.
- Repairs and maintains: walls, such as plastering, painting, dry walling, wallpapering; floor coverings; lighting including but not limited to fixtures, terminals, switches and receptacles. Relocates, repairs and installs pack poles and relocates telephones including pulling power and communication cables.
- Maintenance of mechanical devices, equipment, systems, structures and machinery including pneumatic, hydraulic (water or oil), gasoline or electric.
- Maintenance of electrical devices, cabling, wiring, equipment, systems and facilities including power and data as directed by a qualified electrician if required.
- Assists qualified tradespersons and/or contractors to maintain heating/cooling systems, i.e. bleeding units, chemical tests, chemical additions, humidifier and filter changes and periodic checks of motors and compressors. On occasion may be required to explain location and operation of equipment or building to a contractor.
- Performs maintenance, repair or replacement of plumbing facilities such as may be found in washrooms, kitchens, maintenance rooms and lawn watering systems inclusive but not limited to toilets, faucets, washers, seals, gaskets, bladders, diaphragms, sprinkler heads and control valves.
- Fabrication/modification of items or devices as may be needed to carry out the Primary Function.
- Assist tradespersons and contractors in the maintenance of IESO facilities, equipment and assets.
- Custodial duties related to the care, maintenance and preparation of all offices, facilities and common areas used by and available to staff including, but not limited to setting-up, servicing, cleaning, refinishing, recycling and removal of waste materials.
- Shipping and Receiving of goods and materials from and to the site including, but not limited to, packaging, arranging for shipment, delivering and/or distributing as necessary; and maintaining and updating of any Financial System database and other records, electronic or otherwise, as may be related to this duty.
- Maintain equipment and facilities in a manner that supports a safe and healthy workplace and conduct good housekeeping and life safety practices during the performance of the work. Maintains fire extinguishers and first aid kits.
- Perform any other duty within the intent of the Preamble to the Occupational Definition.
- Good analytical and communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Deadline oriented individual.
- Proven excellent customer service skills.
- A strong personal commitment to customer needs.
- Demonstrates organizational skills.
- A strong commitment to corporate objectives.
- Ability to influence peers and others in the organization.
What the IESO Offers
- Competitive market wages
- Comprehensive benefit programs
- Programs and policies to support a balanced lifestyle
- A challenging fast paced team environment
- Opportunity to work with some of the brightest people in the industry.
If you have the experience and qualifications for this position, please apply on-line.
We thank all candidates for their interest in opportunities with the IESO. While we appreciate your submissions, we regret that we can only contact those candidates selected for interviews. The IESO is an equal opportunity employer.